A deposit of 40% of the total cost of the complete booking must be paid within 7 days of the reservation being made before a reservation can be confirmed. Where the total booking amount is ¥50,000 or less, full payment is required. Failure to do so will result in the reservation being cancelled unless other arrangements are made. A reservation is not confirmed until we have issued a written Deposit Received Confirmation and your deposit payment has cleared in our account.
Payment of the balance of the accommodation must be received no later than 60 days prior to the arrival date. Failure to make the final payment on time may result in the booking being cancelled. Cancellation fees will be charged in accordance with the Cancellation Conditions set out below. If the date on which the reservation is made or the date on which the deposit is otherwise due, is less than 60 days prior to the arrival date, immediate payment in full of the Total Cost is required at the time of making the reservation unless otherwise notified to you at the time the reservation is made.
All prices are in Japanese Yen and included 8% Japanese consumption tax.
Amendments after a booking has been confirmed incur an administration fee of ¥2,500 per change – this does not apply to Guest Services added to the booking. An amendment includes any change to names and adding extra people to your booking.
Payment is to be made by credit card or telegraphic transfer (TT) into our Japanese bank account sent in JPY. Where we incur a bank fee or charge in respect of any payment by you, then you will pay that fee to us in full. Credit card payments may take up to 8 weeks to appear on your Credit card statement. The time of the charge and any exchange rates issues are not within our control and must be absorbed by the card holder. Credit card processing times are out of the control of Tomten.
Any cancellation must be made in writing (email) and reconfirmed in writing by Tomten before being considered a cancellation.
1. Any changes to the property booked, check in date or check out date will be treated as a cancellation unless otherwise agreed.
2. Cancellation within 7 days of initial confirmation will not incur a fee from Tomten, however any bank fees incurred in the refund process will be deducted from the deposit prior to the refund being issued.
3. Cancellation after the booking is confirmed BUT before the final Balance Due date is subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the total deposit amount.
4. Cancellation after Balance Due date is subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount. That is, there will be no refund.
1. Any change to a guest service that is not an addition of a new item may be treated as a cancellation unless otherwise agreed.
2. An amendment fee of 2,500 JPY will be charged for any guest service cancellation IN ADDITION to the following:
3. Cancellation 7 days or less prior to check-in is subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the guest service retail price before any discounts have been applied.
4. Any bank fees incurred in the refund process will be deducted from the deposit prior to the refund being issued.
Japan recognizes only international drivers licenses which are based on the Geneva Convention of 1949. For rental cars and/or vehicles that are provided inclusive with accommodation, this international drivers license must be presented in addition to your home-country driver license on arrival. For vehicles that are provided inclusive with accommodation, the driver must also be 26 years of age or older. Failure to comply will result in full cancellation without refund.
Tomten always strongly recommends you obtain travel insurance. This insurance can protect you against loss of personal belongings, public liability, injury and also against your need to cancel under certain conditions.
1. In compliance with Japanese Hotel Law, a copy of each guest’s passport must be taken on check in. Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund.
2. Valid credit card details including security code are required at check-in as a security deposit. Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund.
3. A booking is only valid for the number of guests stated in the most recent booking confirmation issued by Tomten. Exceeding the agreed upon number of guests will
result in full cancellation without refund, or an extra charge of ¥10,000 per head per night – to be decided by Tomten upon consideration of the property and its capacity.
4. Check in time is from 3:00pm and check out time is 10:00am. All luggage must be removed at time of check out.
5. A credit card security deposit will be required at check in. You can not check in to the accommodation until we have credit card details and authorization for use as a security deposit.
6. Late check out charge is ¥10,000 to stay until 12:00pm (noon). Late check out is only possible on a request basis.
7. Where a late check out has not been confirmed in writing and the accommodation is not vacated by 10:00am, a late check out fee of ¥10,000 for each hour of part thereof that the property is occupied after 10:00am.
1. Some (but not all) rooms can be set up with either twin or double beds if requested at the time of booking. Where a bedding configuration is not supplied and a bedding configuration must be changed at the request of a guest, housekeeping charges will be billed to the guest.
2. Futons have additional costs beyond the basic accommodation fee.
3. The accommodation will be clean and tidy, and have fresh towels and linen at the commencement of each booking.
4. At time of check out, guests are to ensure the accommodation is reasonably tidy. Excess cleaning costs will be charged to the guest’s credit card where this is not the case.
1. Guests accept responsibility for loss and damage to the accommodation, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels during occupation.
2. There will be a fee of up to ¥10,000 for any lost or damaged keys. If this has not been paid for, it will be charged to your credit card.
3. All properties and vehicles are strictly non-smoking. If guests smoke in the accommodation or a vehicle, or behave out of line, they may be evicted from the accommodation without refund. In this instance, additional cleaning costs will be charged as well as compensatory charges for later guests affected by the smell.
4. Pets are not allowed in any properties. If guests have an animal in the accommodation, they may be evicted from the accommodation without refund. In this instance, additional cleaning costs will be charged as well as compensatory charges for later guests affected in any way.
5. Valid credit card details including security code are required at check-in as a security deposit. Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund.